Friday, October 27, 2006

Beck's new album


Click the image to enlarge

I got Beck's new album The Information yesterday. I haven't had time to really listen to it yet but I have to say that I am very impressed with the packaging. Each CD comes with a blank cover and dozens of stickers. The idea is for everyone to create their own unique album art. It is really neat because there are a bunch of different sticker packs and you never know which one you will get when you buy your CD. You also get a DVD with music videos for each song.

I think this is a brilliant idea and a possible solution to the "problem" of people downloading free music. If every new album came with extras like these I just may start buying music again.

I should mention that I stole it. Don't worry though, I jacked it from that Starbucks I was ranting about earlier. You know, some might say that charging $4 for a cup of coffee is actually a form of theft. . . .

1 comment:

Fran G said...

Here in Spain, the bucks guys charge us around 4€ ($6 more or less) and dare to call that muck coffee.

Worst of all is that we're experiencing the phenomenon we all could see in that Simpsons chapter where the whole Mall went Starbux... there's about 15' walking between them :S

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)