Friday, January 02, 2009

Are you a racist?

In one of my classes last year I was given a test to determine weather or not I was a racist. This might seem odd, but that's just because you don't know my crazy-ass teacher. Anyway, out of the 30 people in my class I was one of only two students that "passed" (that is to say my results showed that I do not have any racial bias). The problem is that the rest of the class failed.

Needless to say, everyone freaked out and the class dissolved into chaos as each person attempted to explain the test's flaws and inaccuracies. The best excuse came from my teacher (who's results stated that she was moderately racist). She said that the test was biased because she is left-handed. In her defense, the test was designed by scientists from only four major universities (including Harvard and Yale) and is funded by the so-called "National Institute of Mental Health." Everyone knows that those organizations are dubious and biased against lefties.

If you would like to take the test for yourself simply click the link below. When you are routed to a new page click the link that says "I wish to proceed" (at the bottom right). Finally, click on the test entitled "Race IAT*" and get ready to start making excuses.



*The site offers a bunch of other interesting tests as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, it seems that we two are the only ones who have earned the title of "not racist." Though I suppose my "slight preference for African Americans" makes me mildly biased against my own racial background. I'm not sure why nobody has posted their results on the comments page - perhaps because they are ashamed of their conclusions and only wish to commiserate with like-minded folk?

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)