Thursday, September 09, 2010

i.am impressed

I'm the first to admit that the hip hop group, Black Eyed Peas are kind of annoying. Their songs are repetitive and I would be happy if I never had to hear old "Fergalicious" croak out another tune for the rest of my life. Imagine my surprise, then, when I found out that Will.i.am (one of the group's members) is a completely awesome human being.

I was flipping channels the other day and saw him on Oprah giving out houses. I don't mean that I saw him asking for money to help his charity.  I don't mean that I saw him saying that his record label was putting up some money to help people in need.  I mean that Will.i.am gave $350,000 of his own money to pay off the mortgages of two families that were going to lose their houses because of the current economic crisis.

He was super shy and he didn't make a big deal out of it (the segment on the show was very short).  He just came out and said, "I don’t dream to be like mega, crazy rich. I just wanna be able to create, make music, and help people when they need it."  He said that instead of asking people to donate money, he figured he would just put up his own.  What a cool guy.


Will.i.am (right) hangin' with Wolverine

2 comments:

circus family said...

Well Well Well. What do we have here? Instead of going off about the BEP's, let us just focus on a more important phrase in this Blog. "I was flipping channels the other day and saw him on Oprah." Yaaaaa, riiiight. Just flipping? How about you just admit the fact that you watch Oprah (way more then you should) then put down the controller and get your ass to the video store. You could be spending this time buffing up on the many great things John Cusack has created. Start with Better Off Dead. You can't get these hours of your life "flipping" by Oprah back. Think about it.

Ryan Danger Sims said...

Two words: oh brother.

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)