Thursday, December 12, 2013

Almost almost famous

Guess how many calls I've received so far by people asking me to write for their sitcom? Zero. I know - I can't believe it either. I mean, I've only been writing comedy bits for three weeks, but I have been working hard. I don't know why I am not famous yet, but I know it isn't my fault. In fact, I've done the math and concluded that whenever I have a problem, it is 100% someone else's fault, 100% of the time. You can't argue with mathematical statistics (I've double-checked my work and everything). If these stats aren't correct then that's probably some else's fault too.

Anyway, back to me. I guess I need to decide what type of comedian I want to be. I don't think I want to be like Carrot Top. Everybody makes fun of him and honestly, he scares the shit out of me. Kathy Griffin has the "Life on the D-List" market covered. Maybe I should set my sights even lower. Maybe I should shoot for the "Z-List." I could shout jokes from a street corner, playing to the "stray cat and occasional hobo" demographic.

Either way I guess I'll have to stay in the game for at least a little longer. They say that Rome wasn't built in a day but honestly, how long did it take? I'm hoping not longer than a couple of months.

No comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)