Sunday, December 11, 2016

Putting Songs on Blast #10 (Holiday Edition)

SONG: (There's No Place Like) Home for the Holidays
ARTIST: Perry Como
LYRIC: "From Atlantic to Pacific. Gee, the traffic is terrific!"

I'm sure that back in the Stone Age when this song was written, seeing traffic (or even a car, for that matter) was a big deal. When I hear this song on the radio in traffic now it feels like the singer is just mocking me.

SONG: A Holly Jolly Christmas
ARTIST: Burl Ives
LYRIC: "Say hello to friends you know, and everyone you meet."

I'm pretty sure saying hello to "everyone I meet" includes my friends. Don't waste my time with superfluous lyrics, bozo!

SONG: Please, Daddy (Don't Get Drunk This Christmas)
ARTIST: John Denver
LYRIC: All of them.

With a children's choir singing, "Please daddy don't get drunk this Christmas, I don't wanna see my mamma cry," this has got to be the most depressing holiday song ever.

No comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)