Monday, December 03, 2007

Duty calls

So, it is time once again that I engage in the age old American tradition that our forefathers fought and died for. I am speaking of course of the tradition of avoiding jury duty. I have done this successfully in the past but it seems that this time the man has tracked me down. Since I do not have the $250-$1000 required to pay the fine, I fear that I must go.

I called the number on my (second) jury notice today and was confronted with one of those annoying robotic voice prompts that is supposed to respond to whatever you say into your phone receiver. Of course these things never work and I always end up verbally abusing the poor computer voice. This time, however, I was routed to a Spanish speaking robot. Words cannot convey the joy I felt at the realization that my Spanish speaking skills were still strong enough to give that robotic beyotch a piece of my mind.

No comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)