Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I've been doing it all wrong!



The above plaque is posted in every men's restroom in Disneyland. Thanks "Sparkle," I don't know what I would have done without you!

Went to Disneyland recently and had a fantastic time. While I was there I asked a couple of questions that I've always been curious about.  Here are the answers I got from some random park workers I surveyed:

• The costumes that the employees wear remain the property of Disneyland and are never sold to the workers. Employees can take them home to launder them (Disneyland will also dry-clean them free of charge) but the costumes must ultimately be returned to the park.

• The jokes that the tour guides tell on the Jungle Cruise attraction are scripted and the guides are never allowed to ever go off the cuff. The employees are given a script with about 20 jokes per area of the cruise and they can choose which ones to tell (which explains why you hear different jokes depending on which boat you get on).

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Wait, start over -- let me see if I've got this right: you wet your hands BEFORE you put on the soap? Let me get a pen so I can write this down, or maybe there's mnemonic or song that will help me remember it...

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)