Friday, September 17, 2010

You can see my Halo? Well, this is awkward. . . .

According to a recent study from the University of Rochester, violent first-person shooter video games can help players make decisions faster in real life. The researchers chose to study these games because, "Unlike standard learning paradigms, which have a highly specific solution, there is no such specific solution in action video games because situations are rarely, if ever, repeated." Pretty interesting stuff.

I know the results of the study are true because I make all my decisions at lightning speed. To give you an example I've typed out my thought process over the last couple of days.

Q: Should I do lesson planning for my class or play Halo?
A: Play Halo.

Q: Should I get a good night's sleep or play Halo?
A: Play Halo.

Q: Should I go outside and enjoy the day or play Halo?
A: Play Halo.

See how video games improve your life?

No comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)