Friday, February 08, 2013

Umbrella rant

It's raining here and I'm reminded why I hate umbrellas.

I understand that if you're going to be outside during a monsoon, an umbrella could be handy.  My problem is that in today's modern age, I am never far from a place of shelter.  In the amount of time it takes to open my umbrella, transfer my stuff to my other hand, and awkwardly open my car door while trying not to drop my keys in a puddle, I could have walked back and forth to my car a thousand times (or at least twice).


When I use an umbrella, it seems that all I'm doing is using the top of it to catch water and transfer it into my car or house. Once I get inside, I'm stuck with a wet-ass umbrella.  What do I do with a wet umbrella? I can't put it outside, because it's raining. I can't collapse it and put it away, because it'll mildew. I can't leave it sitting open in my living room because that's just dumb.  Just thinking about it is exhausting.

No comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)