Sunday, February 03, 2013

I wish I was making this up

If you know me, you know that I am somewhat of a jokester. If you know me well, you know that I am in fact joking when I refer to myself as a "jokester," because I absolutely hate the term. See how much I love to joke?!

A couple of months ago I was walking through the perfume section of a department store while carrying my infant son. As a joke, I stopped and asked a sales lady if they carried perfume for babies. My request was met with the appropriate response of shock/dismay, followed by a laugh once I explained that I was joking. (Note to any wannabe jokesters out there, if you have to explain your joke then you know it was a success.)

A couple of days ago, I saw this:

Dolce & Gabbana launch perfume for babies
New York Daily News (article excerpt) - January 26, 2013

Dolce & Gabbana wants to redefine that fresh-smelling baby scent.

“How can babies smell even sweeter than they already do?” brand impresario Stefano Gabbana asked on Instagram.

The answer: a new fragrance, with notes of citrus, honey, and melon, which the luxury fashion firm designed especially for the stroller set.

“The softness of baby skin, the freshness of baby breath, a mother’s sweet hug, [and] the first smile” were inspirations for the scent, meant to enhance the tot’s natural smell, Gabbana said.

Each 50-ml bottle of perfume is “designed to cuddle and pamper every little boy and girl.”

A bottle of the fragrance will set mothers back about $45.

I can only hope that this is some type of sting operation, attracting horrible people to the sales counter so that they can be given a stern reprimand and a quick "wake up call" slap to the face.

No comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)