Saturday, November 29, 2014

Hobophobia

I realize that after reading my last post, some of you may have gotten the impression that I am a hobophobe. I want to go on record and state that I am not anti-hobo. In fact, I used to be one.

Here's the only photo that exists of that dark period of my life. I may look happy, playing my harmonica while blissfully unaware of the shiv sticking out of my abdomen. But if you look closely you will notice that my eyes are burning with trash fire smoke and rage.



In an effort to make things right, I've decided that every time I write the word "hobo" on this blog, I will donate a can of baked beans to Hobotat for Hobmanity. This nonprofit charity is dedicated to providing bindle sticks, handkerchiefs, jugs of wine, iTunes gift cards, and anything else an old fashioned train hoppin' hobo needs to survive in this crazy world.

No comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)