Monday, March 09, 2015

Who let the dog out?!

Okay I don’t want to come off as a jerk, but I feel I have to say a few things about this sign.



1. It seems obvious that the dog ran away DIRECTLY after you adopted it (as it was still wearing the cone from the vet). Are you sure you're qualified to own this thing?

2. When you say, "VERY SKIDDISH," are you trying to say that he is prone to being run over by cars? Sorry, that was uncalled for.


I assume that you meant to write "skittish," and ignored the red dash underline thingie on your computer. Skittish seems like an apt description, but it's not much of an incentive for me to try to catch your dog. You might as well just say "CRAZED MONGREL ON THE LOOSE."


3. Who named him "Rexx?" If it was you, I wouldn't put much stock in him answering to the name you gave him 24 hours before he ran away. If it wasn't you, then congratulations on not naming your dog Rexx. Which brings me to my last point . . .


4. Is the extra "x" really necessary? Is this dog a hipster? Does it know if you are calling him "Rexx" as opposed to "Rex" or even "Rexxx?"


Well, now I feel like an asshole because I've made fun of someone who lost their dog. While the chances of this person reading this blog post are pretty slim, I still want to say that I'm sorry that Rexx is on the loose. Hopefully he finds his way back to you and you can relaxx.

No comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)