Wednesday, November 05, 2008

A great moment in history

November 4th, 2008 will undoubtedly go down in history as a day on which people put aside their petty differences and came together to focus on what is really important. It is a day that people will look back on with feelings of honor and pride. I am speaking of course about the fact that on November 4th, 2008 - I got to meet Joel McHale.





My wife Debbie and I went to see him perform his stand-up routine and it was fantastic. He talked for an hour and a half and I laughed so hard I cried a little.

After the show we got to meet him and I am happy to report that he is a really nice guy. We talked for a while and before we left he recorded the outgoing message on my cell phone's voice mail. Sweet!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I keep calling your cell phone just to hear that message. It's so awesome. How is it possible that you always have the best voicemail recordings? From your Beyonce impression to Joel Mchale, it just keeps getting better.

circus family said...

Well well well...

Guess who's coming to Portland?! No, not Chris Dane Owens (LHE). That's right! Joel McHale! Just found out yesterday. Tickets go on sale this Saturday @ 10:00am. I will be in Napa at our old music shop the Warehouse at ten! The show isn't until April 17th so if anyone wants to come visit that weekend it may be an opportune time... Just sayin.

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)