Friday, July 19, 2013

Green Flash Brewing Co. Hop Head Red

RATING: 4.5/5



A fine hand-crafted amarillo dry hopped red india pale ale from the Green Flash Brewing Company. Say that three times fast. A spicy dry ale with a nice bitter finish. Very unique flavor--I tasted grapefruit and copper. When I lived in San Diego, I visited a restaurant called The Green Flash (not affiliated with the beer). I asked about the name and was told that it refers to a rare phenomenon that occurs occasionally at sunset. Apparently there is a green flash visible for a split second, right as the sun disappears below the horizon. I have watched a few sunsets since and I haven't seen the flash. Maybe you're supposed to drink a few of these beers before watching.

No comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)