Monday, March 13, 2017

Charles E. Sims

If you've been following this blog for a while, you know that my grandpa was my hero and I miss him like crazy. I could write a whole blog on the cool things he did in his lifetime, but for now I'll just share one of my favorite stories.

My grandpa was a court reporter as a young man. One day he was messing around with his sheriff buddies and they let him "test" some pepper spray, which I believe involved him spraying Mace inside of the police station and accidentally getting some on himself. His friends then wrote up a fake warrant for his arrest, "booking him" for drunk driving on the wrong side of the road in excess of 90 miles per hour.



The best part, though, is this authentic 1950s mugshot they took of my grandpa. He looks pretty badass on the left, but he couldn't hold it together for the profile.

No comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)