Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Tiny meth heads

I started my student teaching assignment this week in a Kindergarten class. After observing the six-year-olds in action I have come to a disturbing conclusion: Kindergartners are like tiny meth heads. Think about it. They're filthy, they're missing teeth, they have an overwhelming amount of energy and you can't understand half of what they say.

Yesterday my master teacher had to ask a kid to stop staring at the sun. Later that day the same kid took a break from chewing a chunk of carpet long enough to declare to the class that he could "run fast, like a dinosaur cheetah." Tell me he doesn't sound strung out.

Still not convinced? Consider a conversation I overheard today between two students. Let's call them Billy and Matt.

Billy: "My dad is taller than your dad."
Matt: "No he's not. My dad is gigantic."
Billy: "Oh yeah? Well, my dad is a monster. He can turn into a shark and go after your dad."
Matt: "My dad has a gun and can shoot your dad and kill him."

I rest my case.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This post made me laugh out loud. It also made me wonder how fast a dinasaur cheetah can run. If it's a T-Rex cheetah, I'm thinking pretty fast. On the other hand, if it's a stegosaurus cheetah, it probably lumbers more than it sprints.

Anonymous said...

oh my! that's too funny!

and here i thought college students would be more entertaining ;)

(..still laughing! hahaha)

circus family said...

Would it be wrong to buy those kids some beer? I definitely want to hear more about dinosaur cheetahs and the fact that Billy's dad can turn into land dwelling man shark. There would be hi-fives.

Also, be nice to Matt.

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)