Friday, January 16, 2009

Email forward rant

While I am against all forms of email forwards there are a few types in particular that really get my goat.

1. Feelgood Forwards - Check out these photos of cute, cuddly kittens and enjoy some inspirational quotes. Now, send this to 20 people or you will die a horrible death.

2. Opinion Forwards - Looking for a quick way to destroy a perfectly good relationship? Simply send the person a forward expressing your political views and/or religious ideology. If this doesn't work you can always try sending along some sexist or racist jokes.

3. Mean Forwards - Listen up people because I'm only gonna say this once: It is not cool to make fun of people that are overweight. It wasn't funny in second grade and it isn't funny now, so stop circulating photos of large people in small swimsuits. I am pretty sure that these people get enough shit in their everyday lives and don't need to be mocked via email.

4. Friendly Forwards - The best way to tell someone that you value their friendship is to send them a long, rambling story about an inspiring teacher or a dying child's last wish. Especially if it is written by someone you never met and you suspect it to be fictitious. It also should be noted that sending these forwards does not count as "keeping in touch."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I couldn't agree more. You took the words right outta my mouth. I mean, I love to "dance like no one is watching" as much as the next girl, but I don't take my inspiration from email forwards (I prefer to get my inspiration where I get my orders . . . from Oprah, of course).

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)