Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Best toys from my childhood #3

Legos

If I was the type of person who used the expression "'nuff said," I would write those two words (one and a half words?) here and be done with this post. Of course, I am not that type of person (I actually hate that phrase) so instead I will say the following:

The enormous popularity of Legos throughout the past few decades suggests that most people are familiar with how completely awesome these toys are. That is all.

. . . .

Actually, I lied. I have one more thing to say. About two years ago I sold the space monorail set (pictured below) at a garage sale for about $10. The set was really neat and I don't know why I sold it. The train ran on a battery and actually went around the track on its own. While looking for photos to use in this post I ran across the same set being sold on Ebay. Apparently the space monorail is a rare toy and is currently being auctioned off with a starting bid of $599! I am NEVER having a garage sale again.

No comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)