Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Best toys from my childhood #4

Star Wars action figures/lightsaber

The combination of creative costumes and unique weapons helped make these action figures super popular. Oh, and the fact that they were based on the most awesome movie trilogy of all time didn't hurt either. I had all the main characters and many of the large sets including the Ewok Village, Imperial Shuttle, and the Millennium falcon (with the super cool secret smuggling compartment!). My brother had the speeder bike that blew apart when you pushed a button and man, was I jealous.

The lightsaber pictured below was my "Holy Grail" of toys. I searched countless toy stores trying to find an official Star Wars lightsaber (which made a whistling sound when you swung it). I eventually tracked one down and it was everything I hoped it would be - until it promptly broke. I don't remember how this happened but I'm pretty sure it hurt one of my brothers more than it hurt me.

No comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)