Thursday, March 17, 2011

Best toys from my childhood #7

Super Soakers/water balloons

The only reason water guns are so low on my list is that you could only play with them outside, during the summer. Despite these restrictions, Super Soakers and water balloons were a blast. I thoroughly enjoyed teaming up with any one of my brothers to ambush the other two with these water weapons. I came strapped with the Super Soaker 50 as my main water cannon and the more compact 30 as my backup pistol.

Water balloons were also a great way to soak your enemies (and piss off your parents if you accidentally dropped one inside the house). If you find yourself engaged in water combat in the future I offer you the following advice. Before you throw your water balloon, stretch the top part (where it's tied off) and bite a tiny hole. Pinch the hole so no water leaks out, and when you see your enemy fire away. Think of it as pulling out the pin of a grenade with your teeth before tossing it at your foe (at least that's what I used to imagine). This trick guarantees that your balloon will pop on impact. If you don't follow my advice your balloon may bounce off your target, allowing them to pick it up and throw it back at you - a truly humiliating experience.

No comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)