Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Putting Songs on Blast! #4

SONG: Hate It Or Love It
ARTIST: Game (feat. 50 Cent)
LYRIC: "Sittin' in the Range, thinkin' how they spend 30 million dollars on airplanes, when there's kids starvin'."

While I applaud your charitable sentiment, I can't help but think how many kids you could have fed if you'd have chosen a sensible Camry over that Range Rover you're sitting in.

SONG: Blessings
ARTIST: Big Sean (feat. Drake and Kanye West)
LYRIC: "I haven't had a good time in a long time, you know I, I'm way up I feel blessed!"

I'm getting a bit of a mixed message here, Drake. . . .

SONG: Somebody
ARTIST: Natalie La Rose (feat. Jeremih)
LYRIC: “I wanna leave with somebody, and we ain't gotta tell nobody."

This whole song is a disaster, but this lyric is probably the worst. If you ignore the double negative, Jeremih (God it hurts to type that name) is saying that he's not going to tell anyone they hooked up. How many women out there are excited by the prospect that the man she's hooking up with isn't going to tell anybody? Is this a thing?

SONG: Centuries
ARTIST: Fall Out Boy
LYRIC: "You will remember me, remember me for centuries!"

Jokes on you, bro. I'll be dead way before then.

No comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)