Sunday, April 05, 2015

Putting Songs on Blast! #2

SONG: Tongue Tied
ARTIST: Grouplove
LYRIC: "Let's bump the beats 'till beddy-bye."

This song isn't deep, but it has kind of a catchy beat. I thought it was okay until I heard the lyric "bump the beets 'till beddy-bye" (and threw up in my mouth).

SONG: Blank Space
ARTIST: Taylor Swift
LYRIC: "I can read you like a magazine."

I like this song, but the expression is supposed to be "I can read you like a BOOK." I know I sound like an old man here, but it bothers me that these millennial whippersnappers won't read anything that's not accompanied by a bunch of glossy photos.

I guess it could be worse. She could have said, "I can read you like a tweet."

SONG: Heart of Gold
ARTIST: Neil Young
LYRIC: “I've been to Hollywood. I've been to Redwood. I crossed the ocean for a heart of gold.”

These are the only places Neil says he's searched for a "heart of gold." Maybe he should try somewhere outside of California? I know he says he's "crossed the ocean," but based on his limited knowledge of geography he may have just swam across Lake Tahoe.

SONG: Four Five Seconds
ARTIST: Rihanna (feat. Paul McCartney and Kanye West)
LYRIC: "I'm Four Five Seconds from wildin'."

Sir Paul McCartney helped write this song. Are we supposed to believe that the 72-year-old writer of "Good Day Sunshine" is on the verge of "wildin' out?" What would that even look like?

SONG: A Sky Full of Stars
ARTIST: Coldplay
LYRIC: “You're a sky full of stars. 'Cause in a sky full of stars I think I see you.”

So you think you saw her inside of herself, because she's herself? WHAT IS THIS CRAP?!

No comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)