Sunday, December 30, 2018

Firestone Walker 805

RATING: 3.5/5



805 is pleasant but plain. I have a theory about why this beer is so popular. Want hear it? Well you're going to have to read aloud to yourself, because that's not how blogs work.

Ryan Danger Sims's Beer Theory #804*
There are a lot of people out there that don’t really enjoy the flavor of beer, but like looking like they like to drink beer. Clear so far? Good. So, something like 805 comes along and people are drawn to it because it doesn’t taste very bold. In fact, it doesn't taste like much of anything at all. It’s not bad, but there are plenty of domestics out there that are just as good and cost a lot less. Nevertheless, these people are happy to fork over $12 for a six-pack of this stuff so they can hold it in their hand and look cool.

Well there it is. Sorry for blowing your mind. While you're picking your brain up off the floor, I would like to give a shout-out to the name 805. When I attended UC Santa Barbara my phone had an 805 area code, so respect to Firestone for reppin' my old hood.

*I really wish I had just one more beer theory because the title Ryan Danger Sims's Beer Theory #805 would've matched this review perfectly. Oh well, live and learn!

No comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)