Monday, November 05, 2007

Famous people I have met

(ranked by how nice they were to me)

Tony Hawk - I approached him while I was working at an Apple store and tried to sell him a copy of the video game: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater. He had a good sense of humor and was really nice.

Lyle Alzado - My dad played football with him and he used to come over to my house for dinner when I was a wee tike. I don't remember this but my parents say he was cool.

Mark Z. Danielewski - When he signed my copy of House of Leaves I told him to make it out to eBay. I am not sure that he knew I was joking but he was pretty nice about it.

Ralph Nader - I asked him for career advice and he suggested volunteer work. I can't survive off of self-satisfaction alone, Ralph.

Mark Hoppus - Sold him and his wife a computer. This "tough guy" from Blink 182 made me do all the heavy lifting and didn't even give me a tip.

Chali 2na - I met him when he was in Jurrasic 5 (pre-Ozomatli). He wasn't that cool but I got him to sign the back of my driver's license, making it an interesting conversation piece.

Beck - Beck refused to talk to me and had his security guards remove me from his sight. Okay, I did pretend like I was with the band and snuck backstage, but who knew Beck's such a hater?

If you have met anyone in the public eye and want to share a story please add a comment to this post.

3 comments:

Toni Delgado Abellan said...

i met dj David Guetta at Pacha club in barcelona and he was quite kind. Even with his wife just 3 meters away, he was still winking to teenage girls! :)

Anonymous said...

Pat Sajak was very sweet (and quite a bit shorter than me). Vanna White was friendly. J.D. Roth was nice. I also have a very special bond with the creator of this blog . . . who will, no doubt, be famous one day.

Debbie said...

Since then I met Kristen Wiig when my Groundlings teacher was talking with her after a show and I approached them. Also Joel McHale, who was rad. Also saw Alyssa Milanno who was crazy short

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)