Monday, February 01, 2010

Oh hell yeah!

Some of you may have noticed that I added a new link entitled "The Big Picture" to my blog. The site is a kind of illustrated news service where you can learn about world events through photographs.

I was browsing the site last week and found a piece on "Fiery European Festivals." These festivals are the most awesome and manly spectacles I have ever set my eyes on. One event involves dudes riding through fire on the backs of horses and the other (entitled "Up Helly Ah") culminates with "up to 1,000 'guizers' (men in costume) throwing flaming torches into a Viking longship." Oh hell yeah!

Click on either image to see the article.




Looks like the Sims brothers need to book a trip to Europe.

2 comments:

circus family said...

Been there. Done that.

Me and the Techno Viking hit that shit up every year.

Peter Sims said...

Just let me know and I'm totally there

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)