Friday, August 22, 2014

WWHJOD?

378 people 'pay it forward' at Fla. Starbucks
Associated Press - August 21, 2014

A woman started an act of kindness chain that lasted for hours at a Starbucks drive-thru in Florida.


She ordered an iced coffee around 7 a.m. Wednesday in St. Petersburg and asked to pay for the caramel macchiato for the stranger in the car behind her. He returned the favor. The chain kept going as employees began keeping count.


The Tampa Bay Times reports the chain finally ended around 6 p.m. when customer number 379 pulled up and ordered a regular coffee. Barista Vu Nguyen leaned out the window and explained the chain that started earlier in the day, asking if she'd like to participate. She declined, saying she only wanted to pay for her coffee.


Nguyen says he doesn't believe she understood the concept of paying it forward.


. . .   . . .   . . .   . . .   . . .   . . .   . . .   . . .   . . .   . . .   . . .   . . .   . . .   . . .   . . .   . . .

My first reaction to this article was, “wow that is so cool!”

My second reaction was, “man that #379 person was a dick.”

My third reaction was, “wait, so everybody paid for the drink(s) for the car behind them? What if you ordered a regular coffee and the van behind you was picking up 12 lattes for their co-workers? You're just supposed to give in to peer pressure and fork over $50?! Screw that, I'm with you #379!"

My fourth reaction was, “what part did Haley Joel Osment play in all of this? I bet this is all his fault."

My fifth reaction was, "I can’t believe I’ve blogged about HJO twice on this blog." That's right, I'm calling him HJO now. If I'm going to be blogging about him on the regular I figure I'd better shorten his name.

No comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)