Saturday, November 04, 2006

I was a brilliant child

I was thinking this morning about how old people say that you do stupid things when you're young. This statement used to bother me, but now I realize that I was just too young and stupid to realize that it's true.

For example, I remember throwing M-80s off of a 50 foot waterfall in the middle of the night, drunk off my ass on Tequila. Here comes the stupid part. (If you thought that was the stupid part you must be really old). I was holding the explosives in my hand, waiting to throw the them off the cliff until the last second (so that they would explode in the air). At the time it was awesome. The canyon shook around us and everyone was impressed. The problem is that I was basically 0.2 seconds away from blowing off my arm.

Want to hear the really stupid part? I was throwing them with my left hand (thinking to myself that if my hand did blow off, at least it would be the one I hardly use). Brilliant!

No comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)